business directory, our editors highlight the gems of the community and keep our residents abreast of neighborhood news and events. We hope you find ourmissionhills.com useful!
Joint MHTC/MHBID Meeting on Crime and Homelessness
Meet at the Mission Hills United Methodist Church, 4044 Lark Street (in the Sanctuary)25 Feb, 2015 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: 4044 Lark StreetMeeting Objective: To facilitate a discussion among Mission Hills residents and businesses that identifies current issues relating to increased crime and homelessness in our community. Further, to develop a list of community-supported actions to be implemented in the upcoming years as a response.
1. Welcome from Reverend Karen Clark Ristine (Mission Hills United Methodist Church) and Introduction of MHTC and MHBID facilitation team by Mike Zdon and Susan McNeil-Schreyer. (4:00-4:15)
2. Identification of crime and homelessness issues from attendees. (4:15-5:00) MHTC and MHBID would like to hear from community individuals on their perception of crime and homelessness as it relates to living in Mission Hills.
3. Comments by Councilman Todd Gloria (5:00-5:15)
4. Discussion of actions residents and businesses can take in Mission Hills to reduce or eliminate crime and homelessness issues. (5:15-5:45)
The MHTC and MHBID facilitation team will solicit actions from you that you feel would reduce crime and homelessness in and around Mission Hills.
5. SDPD overview of Mission Hill
Word on the Street
Mission Hills Community Garage Sale Spring 2015
Mission Hills Community Garage Sale—the Spring date has been set!Mark your calendars and tell a friend—the date is Saturday, April 25thRead more...
Time to clean out your closets, gussy-up your garages, and empty out
your attics! Mark your calendar now for the Mission Hills Community Garage Sale, coming on Saturday,
April 25th from 8:00-Noon. Look for bright yellow signs throughout the neighborhood identifying sales
locations. Furniture, sporting equipment, baby items, toys, electronics, clothing, jewelry, tools, and
much more will be available at great prices. Maps of all participating homes and lists of items for sale
will be available at 7:30 a.m. on day of sale at the Coldwell Banker office in Mission Hills at 1621 West